Tuesday, May 11, 2010

New and Coming Soon

I don’t have much to say today, as I’ve had a leisurely weekend filled with spending time with one of my best friends, who is briefly back from south Florida.  We’ve been crafty, making me a mask for the World Steam Expo in Dearborn, MI in a few weeks.

So, on that note, I decided to take a look at what books are new or coming out soon, and which I’d like to read.  On Thursday I hope to have another review for you.

Available now, in hardback, is Watcher of the Dead by J.V. Jones.  This is the fourth in the Sword of Shadow series, and as I’ve liked the first three, I’ll be nabbing this when I see at the library.

On May 25th Lynn Flewelling’s White Road is released in mass market paperback and e-book (including the Kindle version).  This is the fifth book in the Nightrunner series, and there is a companion trilogy/prequel to the series.  I’ve enjoyed them all so far, so expect to see a review of this book in the future.

On July 6, Carrie Vaughn’s Discord’s Apple will be released from Tor in hardcover.  Vaughn’s published work has until recently been limited to her Kitty books (the first title of which is Kitty and the Midnight Hour).  Even though her initial series, an urban fantasy, has been a national bestseller, her original publisher refused to release her adult fantasy under her name.  In a bold move that’s got all of SF/F talking, she refused to take a pen name, and signed a new contract with Tor at the end of her previous contract.  Not only will Tor be releasing her more traditional fantasy writing, but they’ve also picked up the rights to the future Kitty books.  The eighth book, Kitty Goes to War, will be released in mass market paperback from Tor on June 29.  Neither book is yet available for pre-order in the Kindle store.  Again, I’ve greatly enjoyed the first seven Kitty books, so I will likely be reading this sometime this summer as well.


0 comments:

Post a Comment