Sunday, June 13, 2010

Apologies


Over the past two days I've been playing around adding links in Delicious, which is a 'social bookmarking' website.  It's a nice place for me to store bookmarks to other sites that people who read this blog might find useful/entertaining: author sites and blogs, agent sites and blogs, editor blogs, short fiction magazines, workshops, conventions with a literary tract, other book review blogs, etc.

I have no idea how (and am in the process of figuring it out) but when I opened my RSS reader today I saw that I had posted a new feed item...which was news to me!  I open it up....and there are all my links from Delicious from the past two days...

Before you ask, no, I did not give Delicious permission to post to my feed.  In fact, nowhere on my Delicious account is my blog even listed except as a bookmark!  (Perhaps this saved me from having to delete posts I didn’t make off my blog.)  The only thing I can figure out was doing that is that little innocuous Delicious network bad I had on my layout.  It has now been replaced with a generic 'bookmark this' button.  Hopefully, this will solve the problem.

I profusely apologize for the spam in your RSS reader/in box yesterday and today.  Until I find something better (and I’m open to suggestions!) to use for public bookmarks, they will still be on Delicious using the same username I have on my blog: merssong.  However, there will be no direct link between my blog and them, which kills a lot of its usefulness.  Let me know if you know of a better site!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment